Everyone loves pizza, and so here is a very simple recipe to prepare homemade pizza. My mum Lucia is demonstrating for you, so have fun, and … BUON APPETITO!!!
HOMEMADE PIZZA – RECIPE FOR 2-3 PIZZAS
Ingredients for pizza dough
800 gr. flour 00
200 gr. Manitoba flour
500 gr. water
30 gr. extra virgin olive oil
30 gr. Salt
5 gr. Yeast must be melted in a small cup of milk
MAKING THE PIZZA DOUGH
- Mix the 2 types of flour, water, salt, and olive oil on low speed for a minute. If you don’t have a mixer, you can mix the ingredients together by hands.
- Add the yeast melted in a small cup of milk. The dough should be a little sticky to the touch. If it’s too wet, sprinkle in a little more flour.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes in a bowl.
- Mix again and form 2-3 round balls. Place each of it in on an oven tray. Let them rest until they are double in size.
- Flatten dough ball with your hands, starting at the centre and using your fingers to leave just the right thickness.
- Prepare the desired toppings, but avoid loading with too much of it. Be careful using the mozzarella/cheese because sometimes if too fresh it may release milk, thus making pizza too soft and not well cooked.
- Spread first the tomato sauce and then add other toppings.
- Bake pizza in the 475°F (245°C) oven pre-heated 20 minutes before. Pizza is usually ready in 20-30 minutes; you will see the crust and the golden color of the cheese.
- ENJOY YOUR PIZZA!